Want to make a cake or meal in Ramadan, but run out of ideas? You can try to make your own classic bread that will never be lost in time. It is a cinnamon roll.
This one bread must often you meet in cafes, bakeries or restaurants. What makes it special is the bread is given a cinnamon powder, a sprinkling of raisins and a sweet sugar sauce on it. It tastes really delicious and will make anyone hooked.
You who like to cook and want to bring a special menu to break with your beloved family can also make this roll cinnamon. The trick is not too difficult. It’s just the materials and the steps of making quite a lot.
Here’s the complete recipe, as quoted from page Food Network, Monday, June 12, 2017.
-1/4 ounce of instant yeast
-1/2 cups of warm water
-1/2 cups of milk
-1/4 cup sugar
-1/3 cups of butter
-1 tsp salt
-3 1/2 to 4 cups of wheat flour
-1/2 cups of butter, melt and extra to spread the cake container
-3/4 cup sugar and extra to spread the cake container
-2 tbsp cinnamon powder
-3/4 cups raisins
Ingredients Of Sugar Sauce
-4 tbsp butter
-2 cup of powdered sugar
-1 tsp vanilla
-3 to 6 tbsp of hot water
How to make
- Preheat oven to 176 degrees Celsius.
- In a small bowl, enter the warm water and instant yeast. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add milk, sugar, melted butter, salt, and eggs. Mix well and add 2 cups of flour and mix well. Enter the yeast and stir again.
- Knead the dough for 5-10 minutes, then put it into a bowl that has been smeared with oil and cover. Allow expanding.
- After expanding, knead again the dough and flatten it with a rolling pin, as well as the shape of a rectangle.
- Rub the dough with butter that has been melted. Mix sugar and cinnamon powder, then sprinkle over the dough. Also, sprinkle raisins.
- Roll the dough and slice a bit thick.
- Grease the grill container with butter and sprinkle the sugar. Place the cinnamon roll that has been cut and let stand for 45 minutes until it expands.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until it turns golden brown.
- Meanwhile, mix butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Mix well and pour hot water slowly using a tablespoon until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Pour the sugar sauce over the ripe cinnamon roll.